Thursday, September 9, 2010

What is mom?

As a new mom, I find myself struggling with me.

Caring for my babies is relatively easy. Sure, they are a handful, after all there are two of them, but it's the discovery of who I am that is the most difficult.
Who is this women in the mirror who only wears stretchy pants because nothing else fits?

Somewhere around year three of infertility I lost track of me. My career went on the fritz and never recovered, and the only thing I could concentrate on was having children.

Now that I am finally a mother I feel like I need to start a new journey of self discovery.
What do I want out of life?
Do I want to put the babies in day care and go out and get a job?
Do I want to spend a few years with them, and if I do where will that leave me financially, emotionally, professionally?

This blog, will be my little journal, my little space where I can put it all together.

2 comments:

m said...

Not like those are small questions or anything. Boy, you just jump right in don't you. :-)

Missed you. But I reckon you've been busy. I love the space. Eager to see where this journey takes you. I'll be here.

The_EmilyB said...

I've missed you too & can't wait to see how everything unfolds from your point of view! xoxo